My Story

This is my journey towards living a better and healthier life. I will document and share with you all my research and knowledge in developing fitness in more practical way
Subscribe in a reader

Let's do it - Burn the calories

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I am a practical guy and love to do simple but effective solution. I know I want to reduce my weight. I know I need to workout. But, normally, we just don't have so much time. We are busy people living and working in Malaysia, which by the way among the highest working hours clocked in Asia. (Personally, I think it should not be the way)

So, in order to have time for workout, why not we do 2 in 1? What I mean is why not we do our daily shores and at the same time still enjoy the workout effect. Agree?

Ok, here are some daily home shores that burn 100-calories per exercise:

Everyday activities:
• Washing Dishes - 28 minutes
• Gardening - 20 minutes
• Light House Cleaning - 18 minutes
• Playing tag with kids - 22 minutes
• Exploring the Zoo for 30 minutes
• Window Shopping for 30 minutes

Planned Exercise:
• Walking 3.5 mph pace - 20 minutes
• Jumping Rope - 8 minutes

Running:
• 5 mph pace - 10 minutes
• 6 mph pace - 8 minutes

Practical right?

Posted by Tuan Rumah at 6:06 PM  
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 comments:

Each can burn 100 cal? really? Then I chooe Window Shopping...hahha....

LukXiuFung said...
September 20, 2007 at 6:08 AM  

the food parts and the exercise seems to be right on...I would choose the walking also but enjoy swimming alot...fish is great...I love fruit...it's worth a try..


mauniejames3

Anonymous said...
September 23, 2007 at 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment